WHERE IS PHU QUOC ISLAND
Phu Quoc – The Pearl Island of Asia – is the largest island in Vietnam, located in the Gulf of Thailand about 15km south of the coast of Cambodia. It is a part of Kien Giang Province and has a total area of 574 sqkm (222 sqmiles) with a permanent population of approximately 100,000. Phu Quoc island is no lightweight: at 48km long, the island is about the same size as Singapore.
The economy is centered on fishing and a fast-growing tourism sector. The island is famed across Vietnam for its production of high-quality black pepper, traditional fish sauce (nuoc mam) and natural pearls. Phu Quoc is well-known for its ridgeback dogs with curly tails. Muscular and energetic.
By 2020, Phu Quoc is set to become a special economic zone of Vietnam with the main focus of development on eco-tourism and luxury resorts, in addition to entertainment forms such as casinos and safaris. Despite this, much of Phu Quoc Island is under the protection of Kien Giang Biosphere Reserve, with National Park being a UNESCO designated site since 2001, covering close to 70% of the island.
Phu Quoc Island beaches were voted to be one of “the cleanest and beautiful beaches of the world” . According to National Geographic, this pearl island ranked 3rd of top 15 favoured destinations for Winter 2014.
SOME PLACES TO VISIT ON PHU QUOC ISLAND!
In our resort help guests book ticket with the tour company organize land tour or boat tour. There are many daily tour for guest who want to explorer some wild small island around the Phu Quoc Island. So the receptionist will give you details information when you check in our resort, you can book ticket for the tour after you arrive to Phu Quoc. Because may be the weather will raining in day.
SOME SHARING ON DUONG DONG MAIN TOWN WHERE OUR RESORT SITUATED:
- For go to the Long Beach around 600 meters, which is a bit not so nice in this season beacaue big wave,
- Then from here you can walk along the beach up to Dinh Cau temple, near center of Duong Dong town. It should be 1,5 km and please consider the heat ? Otherwise you can take taxi and go into the town.
- Once you are at Dinh Cau temple, you can walk easily to the Duong Dong market (biggest market on the island) where you can see people are selling all local foods, all kinds of fishes, squids, shrims…fruits, food…It is a bit chaos though ?
- Near the market you can walk to visit quickly Cao Dai temple my favourite. The temple is interesting for me and I like the streets around it where I have street food noodles, fried spring rolls all the time,
IN SOUNTH THE ISLAND :
• Sao beach: It is believed to be the most beautiful beach on the island because sand is like powder and water so calm and clear. But it depends on the whether also, some days it is less beautiful
The North island : We got big resorts (really big like Vinpearl, golf course, safari, water park…)…so the nature part has faded a lot. There are some completely wild beach like Rach Tram beach, and the way to go to it is nice but there is nothing on the beach..So I am not sure what to recommend on the North.